Programs and Services
Since 1991, Heritage Group Homes has offered high quality residential care at our five community based group homes. We serve boys ages 12-17 at our Valinda location and girls, ages 12-17 at our Phillips Ranch, Whittier, La Verne, and West Covina locations. We accept children for placement exclusively through Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services.
A glimpse into our program and services includes the following:
- Safe and clean homes with structured settings that allow youth to personalize their space.
- 24 hour staff supervision on site with low staff to youth ratios of 3:1 during awake hours
- Weekly monetary allowance for youth with opportunities for higher earnings
- Weekly planned activities or events off site and in the community
- Daily structured academic time and tutoring provided, as needed.
- Healthy and nutritional meals prepared daily for all youth
- Well-defined daily routine provides stability and active supports for residents
- Weekly individual and group psychotherapy
- Family therapy as needed in preparation for reunification
- Counseling in Substance abuse, anger management and commercial sexual exploitation of children.
- Treatment facilities dedicated to treatment of substance abuse, psychological dysfunction, sexual abuse and emotional trauma transitional planning and emancipation services for youth.
- Job readiness training and vocational education workshops
- College/vocational education exploration/ enrollment
- Apprenticeship program for youth with linkage to community resources
- Individual Education Plans